We are going to start taking bookings for hires that take place after the end of April as the COVID protection level is expected to be lower by then. We had hoped that the level would have been lowered sooner but to give our customers some assurance that their hire will take place we decided to play it safe. If the COVID protection level comes down before then we will consider taking bookings sooner but we will just need to wait and see what happens. If you have submitted a hire request form for a hire that takes place before the end of April then unfortunately, we won’t be able to fulfil that for you.
We are fully booked over the week of Christmas and the week over New Years. We do have some availability either side of those two weeks. Just complete the hire application and watch for the email reply and as always remember to check your junk mail folder in case it’s ended up there.
As the October break is proving extremely popular for bookings I wanted to give a quick update on our availability. We are fully booked up from now until around the last week of this month (October), and that is only limited availability.
On a side note I just wanted to let you know that despite the recent announcements from the Scottish government regarding restrictions we are still hiring tubs out. Please bear in mind that if you or anyone in your household (that includes me and mine) have been notified by NHS Test and Protect https://www.nhsinform.scot/campaigns/test-and-protect to self-isolate or has any of the symptoms or tests positive for Covid-19 and are self-isolating when the hire is scheduled to begin (or during the hire) it is very important that you let me know A.S.A.P.
If you are interested in booking a hot tub for 2 weeks over Christmas and New Year or a week over Christmas or over New Year please complete my Hire Application form on our website https://www.hottubhirescotland.co.uk/hire-application-form/
I am still really busy dealing with the current hires so if I can ask you to please bear with me that would be appreciated. Thank you.
I am receiving a high volume of enquiries since announcing the return to hiring from the 1st of June and as such could I ask that you only message or call via one “medium” to help me get through the enquiries as quickly as possible. Can I also ask that you allow a couple of days for a reply and to contact us again if I haven’t answered your enquiry?
If you use my websites contact form or hire form can you please make sure that you check your email junk or spam folders for a reply from me? Sometimes they are filtered there by the email host you use.
If you are calling or messaging via Facebook, WhatsApp or text please be aware of my business hours. I am open Thursday through to Monday and closed for enquiries on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Thank you. Alan
I have been in contact with the Lead Officer for Environmental Heath Fife to find out if I can safely resume the business. I have had to make some changes to the way we operate with some caveats that must be met to continue. I believe I can resume hiring safely as long as we all follow the recommendations and advice I have been given.
The following statements are for your safety and ours amid the Coronavirus Covid-19 pandemic. These are additional conditions that must be put in place and agreed to.
- If anyone in your household is “shielding” or “at risk” unfortunately we won’t be able to hire to you at this time.
- If anyone in your household has or develops symptoms or has tested positive for the COVID-19 virus at the time of the hire delivery you must inform us as the hire will need be delayed and rescheduled to a mutually agreed date after the self-isolation period.
- If any of my family or I (we all live at the same address) develops any symptoms of the COVID-19 virus your hire will unfortunately need to be rescheduled if it is due to takes place while we self-isolate to a mutually agreed date.
- If anyone during your hire develops symptoms or is tested positive as having the COVID-19 you must stop using the hot tub and contact me on 07821419228 as soon as possible. There are further steps that need to be taken if this happens, I will let you know what they are when you contact me.
- During the delivery and collection we will try to maintain social distancing of at least 2 m “where possible” and we will wear appropriate PPE. We will not enter your home so you will need to provide a 13 amp socket for power and a water tap/hose outside. The tub and equipment will be wiped down with a sanitizer (IPA) at the delivery and on collection we will super chlorinate the water in the tub prior to emptying it.
- I’m not accepting cash payments for the foreseeable future. Payments can be made by PayPal for the deposit and bank transfer or using a handheld card machine (not preferred) at the delivery for the remaining balance and bank transfer for the security bond. All payments must be completed before we leave after the delivery.
We have made the decision to resume the business from the 1st of June 2020 we will now accept bookings from that date. Things will be a bit different going forward as everyone and every business learns to live with the threat of the Covid-19 virus. Information about the changes and limitations we are putting in place will be updated over the next week on this website and our other social media accounts.
For the customers whose hires were postponed due to the lockdown we will be contacting you shortly to rearrange new hire dates and update you on the changes we are making to be able to resume hiring safely. For the customer who previously booked hires that have not yet taken place we will be contacting you shortly to make you aware of the changes we need to put in place to ensure your and our safety.
Thank you for your understanding.
This information is currently being updated
I want to let you know some steps I am taking to maintain business continuity in the coming months.
As you are aware, we hire out hot tubs and as such we travel from our base in Dunfermline going to and from our customers’ homes for setups and collections of said hot tubs.
We have many customers relying on our services for special occasion and more, and so our aim is to provide a “business as usual” service for as long as possible.
We are following the current government advice on how to keep our workplace healthy following social distancing advice and regular hand washing and also ensuring we take appropriate steps to keep where possible the safe advised distance away from our customers, family or friends we may encounter during our visits. These steps are to help protect you the customer and ourselves. I would also ask that anyone who is experiencing any of the symptoms of the Coronavirus to please avoid using the hot tub.
The normal hot tub “spa school” we provide for water treatment and maintenance using Chlorine as the sanitizer and PH increaser to balance the waters PH levels at a neutral level are adequate for dealing with various bacteria including the COVID-19 virus which is inactivated at the chemical levels used according to the information here https://www.pwtag.org/novel-coronavirus-covid-19-latest-information-2/.
In the meantime, if you have any questions, or need any advice please do not hesitate to email us at email@example.com
It is also important that we all follow the guidelines set out by the NHS. For more information click this link https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
AJC Hot Tub Hire